- Understanding equity in health
- Promoting equity values in policy and practice, and using human rights as a tool for health equity
- Promoting health equity in economic and trade policy
- Understanding links between poverty, deprivation and health equity and improving household resources for health
- Informing and providing options for equitable health services
- Effective and participatory approaches to confronting inequity and attrition in health personnel
- Fair financing, including equitable allocation of health resources and equity in the mix of public and private health services
- Equity enhancing features of governance and participation in health systems
- Monitoring and measurement and policy analysis in support of health equity
More information can be found on these theme areas by clicking on the theme area.
In 2003-5 we are also as a network promoting equity in health sector responses to HIV and AIDS and in access to Anteretroviral treatment. (See this theme area).
As a network we mobilize and disburse resources and provide technical, institutional and other forms of support to work on health equity, including through
- Training, mentoring, student grants, skills workshops and formal courses
- Research grants and programmes
- Capacity support for policy analysis
- Publication, Information outreach and information resources
- Providing information and policy resources to governments, parliaments and civil society
- Supporting alliances with parliament and civil society for health equity
- Networking activities across countries, disciplines and communities
We are building country networks of equity actors in southern Africa to support country activities and will notify you on this site of the country networks and contacts if you want to get involved. Contact the steering committee member in your country or email the secretariat for more information on joining a country network or theme area of work.